Small manufacturers are the lifeblood of the manufacturing industry, and while they may be small, their impact is mighty.
- 98.6% of all manufacturing companies in the United States are small businesses
- 75.3% of manufacturers have fewer than 20 employees
- Small manufacturers contributing 11.6% of U.S.economic output.
- In 2018, small manufacturers generated 11.6% of U.S. economic output.
- The top five products made by small manufacturers are related to the following industries: apparel, furniture, fabricated metal, wood, and beverage and tobacco.
Small manufacturers are driving the U.S. economy, click here to learn more.